Saturday, October 13, 2007

Into the Unknown Continued

I took quite a few pictures on this trip, but can only send them 3 at a time (something about the way earthlink sets things up)- so here's the next three.

Sorry - one more hilltop photo - the guys in the middle are two of my key staff, Nandy Perillo, my project Engineer, is my technical go-to guy who understands how the Army Corps of Engineers does business, and the thinner fellow is Jawanshir, our Afghan interpreter. They are both critical to our success. Little did Nancy know he'd be driving thru the wilds of Afghanistan when he was sitting in his thermo-fluid dynamics class back in engineering school!

This is the point where the road began morphing into the donkey trail from hell. This river gorge to the side of the "road" contained the kokacha river. Stunningly beautiful most of the way with crystal clear water. But, sorry, I've had dysentery before and there's no way I'm drinking anything other than bottled water no matter how pretty it looks. That's MSG Cotton in the 2nd photo.



No comments: